On July 24 and 25, nearly 100 leaders from across sectors will come together in Boston for the 2017 CYD National Stakeholder Meeting with a charge to broaden and deepen the impact of Creative Youth Development throughout the United States and the world. This group will include practitioners, youth, funders, policy makers, thought leaders, researchers and government officials who all recognize CYD as a vehicle for positive youth outcomes.
This two-day working meeting has three primary goals:
- To understand the outcomes that unify creative youth development work across sectors;
- To identify the most promising areas for further collective work that will add value to the creative youth development field and the experience of young people through the lenses of funding, visibility, and technical assistance; and
- To understand our collective capacity to move one or more of these strategic areas forward as a coalition.
Continue reading “National Stakeholders to Convene Next Week”
Creative Youth Development National Partnership has contracted with the Forum for Youth Investment to conduct research to inform the National Blueprint for Creative Youth Development (CYD). The Blueprint is intended to serve as a strategic plan for advancing the field of CYD. Continue reading “Forum for Youth Investment to Conduct Research on Behalf of Partnership”
Last week the Creative Youth Development National Partnership hosted a panel of cross-sector leaders at the Armory Center for the Arts in Pasadena, California to discuss creative youth development and cross-sector partnerships. Panelists included:
Cynthia Campoy Brophy, Executive Director at artworxLA and member of the National Guild for Community Arts Education’s CYD Steering Committee, moderated the discussion. Continue reading “Juvenile Justice & Workforce Development Leaders Discuss CYD”
The Creative Youth Development National Partnership has appointed 10 members to its National Advisory Committee. Additional advisors will be appointed in the coming months. This cross-sector Committee will play a significant strategic role in helping to shape and vet strategic recommendations for how to advance the field of CYD.
We are pleased to announce the following advisors:
- Nicole Amri, Program Director, SAY Sí, San Antonio, TX
- Jennifer Cole, Executive Director, Metro Arts, Nashville, TN
- Sarah Cunningham, Executive Director of Research, School of the Arts at Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
- Deb Habib, Executive Director, Seeds of Solidarity, Orange, MA
- Alex Johnson, Managing Director for Californians for Safety and Justice, Oakland, CA
- Cristy Johnston Limon, Executive Director, Destiny Arts Center, Oakland, CA
- Erik Peterson, Vice President, Policy, Afterschool Alliance, Washington, D.C.
- Kwame Scruggs, Founder and Director of Programs and Training, Alchemy Inc., Akron, OH
- Matt Wilson, Executive Director, MASSCreative, Boston, MA
- Jason Yoon, Executive Director, Atlas DIY, Brooklyn, NY
See full bios.
Collective Impact Project Identifying Actionable Strategies for Advancing CYD
Building on the national agenda set forth at the National Summit on Creative Youth Development in 2014, the first-ever National Blueprint for Creative Youth Development will identify and prioritize actionable strategies for achieving shared goals for cross-sector advancement of creative youth development (CYD). Goals include supporting and advocating for effective business models, new revenue sources, and increased funding; documenting and communicating impact through shared language, systems, and tools; connecting programs with local community development initiatives to improve community outcomes; and strengthening cross-sector partnerships among local and national organizations. Continue reading “National Blueprint for Creative Youth Development”